Today being able to sell yourself is one of the best skill sets you can have. One of my teachers recently told me how she has gotten many jobs she was not even nearly qualified for simply because she was able to convince the interviewer that she was right for the position. If you have confidence in yourself and it shows you can be very successful.
There are going to be times throughout your life that the ability to sell yourself will divide you from the pack.
5 Keys to success
- Be sold on yourself – The most important aspect. If you aren’t sold on yourself it will reflect the way you act and others will notice
- Be authentic – Nobody likes dishonesty, if you are truthful you will earn the respect and trust of others
- Be positive – Even a simple smile can show enthusiasm, people don’t want to be around someone who is negative so always keep yourself upbeat and others will be drawn to you
- Be professional – Your appearance, speech, and even how you shake hands will reflect on your professionalism so it is key to always follow formal business etiquette
- Be polite – You don’t need to be arrogant to act confident
“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Eddie Robinson