This is mostly useful for ads like facebook where it’s a bitch to remake them and get approved.
I was recently moving some of my tracking domains to a new server and for whatever reason some of my links stopped working, I guess the latest database backup I made didn’t have the right records in it.
Anyway there is a VERY EASY fix to this. I will just go through how to fix it with a basic example below.
Say this is your link that is broken: http://mycooltrackingdomain.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=11441&t202kw=
- Record the number in the link here (t202id=11441) just the 11441 part.
- Now go to Setup > Get links
- Generate a new link for the campaign that you’re trying to make the above link work again. Record the t202id= value for that newly generated link.
- Login to your websites cpanel (found at mycooltrackingdomain.com/cpanel for example) and open phpMyAdmin.
- Find the table called 202_trackers and click browse.
- Under tracker_id_public find the number you recorded in step 3 and click the little pencil icon to the left to edit that row.
- Change the tracker_id_public value to the one recorded in Step 1.
That’s it, your old link now works again!